Thursday, September 23, 2010

Montessori Approach Nursery Room

I confess that I've been co-sleeping with Mila. She's 7 months old now and starting to crawl. We tried {really hard} putting her in the crib and she refuses it. Her crib now is nothing but a "playpen" to her.

So for safety reason, I'm planning to purchase an adult size mattress and put in on the floor for her. Why adult size mattress? So I can cuddle with her while putting her to sleep {smile}. For the longest time, I was fighting the idea of putting a mattress on the floor until I found this post by Meg of Sew Liberated about her son's room where she took the Montessori method to his bedroom.

The idea of placing wall decal as the headboard is great, except mine is way on top where the crib was. Now I have this huge gap in between. I guess you can also use one of these "headboard decal" from Blik or doing a painted faux headboard. 

  

Or I can make upholstered head and sideboard and mount them low on the two walls. O well, something to think about this weekend.

No comments: