Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Family Room

For a while, I did not know what to do with the old built-in TV niche above the fireplace. I was thinking of closing it up and doing a feature wall with this tile (beyond my budget). Or covering it with a large mirror or artwork (finding an artwork with a right scale and aesthetic is quite challenging). So when I saw this moose head, I immediately fell in love and know it will work for that nook.





Resources:
Sectional Sofa: Macys
Throw pillows: West Elm, Etsy and Target
Curtain: Swanky Swell Raindrops Mandarin
Area Rug: Home Decorators
Glider: from Mila's old nursery room
Storage bench: Foundary
Moose Head: Z Gallerie
Artwork: Vintage from Alameda Antique Market
Glass table lamp: SF Design Center

2 comments:

:Dondra said...

Wow! I just love what you did with that niche above the fireplace. Great idea and it looks great!

Your room looks great too. Where did you find that cool rug?

Unknown said...

It's from Home Decorators and here's the link to it:

http://www.homedecorators.com/P/Sonnet_Area_Rug/860/